With New Step Immigration Program, the prospective immigrants may receive British Columbia Provincial Nominal Certificate with their skills and experience targeted by the province. The British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate allows foreign national to apply for permanent residence for Canada witha a faster processing time compared to other Canadian immigration classes.
Calculate your BC PNP Points here.
Two main categories of BC PNP includes –
- Skill Immigration (including Express Entry British Columbia)
- Business Immigration
The BC PNP has updated their BC PNP Scoring system for its skilled Immigration system. B.C. has made a series of changes to the BC Provincial Nominee Program’s (BC PNP) Skills Immigration.
Any Application submitted after November 16th 2022, would be asses under new scoring system.
The BC Provincial Nominee Program offers three ways to become a permanent resident in B.C. Each pathway contains different categories you can apply under, depending on your National Occupational Classification skill level, job, or international student status. You may not require prior work experience in some categories.
Their sub- categories of BC PNP Skills Immigration include:
- Skilled Worker Category – This Category for individuals who have received an eligible job offers in a skilled occupation. Workers should have two years of experience in their expert occupation.
- Health Care Professional Category – This category includes individual with experience and eligible job offers, as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals may apply. An eligible job offer is acquired for one qualifying health occupations.
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- An allied health professional such as a:
- Diagnostic medical sonographer
- Clinical pharmacist
- Medical laboratory technologist
- International Graduates, B.C. Degree Category – This is for graduates with Master’s or Doctoral degrees from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia. No job offer is required for graduates from the following education fields.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Engineering Technology
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research
- Physical Science
- International Graduates, Canadian Degree Category – This category is for individuals who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college outside of British Columbia in the last two years. Eligible job offer is required.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category – Workers in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking may be eligible for immigration through this BC PNP program.
- Northeast Pilot Project Category – For individuals working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, including in occupations considered semi- and unskilled, may be eligible for this BC PNP program without the need for a job offer.
Express Entry To British Columbia
Canada Express Entry Provincial Nomination is for any applicants for Canadian permanent residence through its Express Entry British Columbia stream that aligns with the federal government’s Express Entry immigration selection system. The stream allows eligible applicants to receive priority processing of both their BC PNP application and their permanent residence application if nominated. Through Express Entry British Columbia Skilled Worker category (including Health Care Professionals), International Graduates category, and International Post Graduates category may be processed.
To Be Eligible under The Express Entry Province Nomination
- You should meet the criteria for one of the federal economic immigration programs and must have obtained an Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code that indicates you.
- You should have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer from a B.C employer in a skilled occupation as outlined in the National Occupational Classification Matrix (NOC skill level 0, A or B).
If you think you are eligible for any of BC PNP program, please Contact Newsteps Immigration