Permanent Residency of CanadaCanada welcomes approximately 400,000 new immigrants every year. Most of this is coming from the economic immigration class. Below you will find a brief overview of various programs.
- Express Entry: This is the fastest way to obtain Permanent Residency in Canada under Canada Experience Class (have 1 year of experience in Canada under NOC O, A or B), Federal Skilled Worker (have enough funds for settlement in Canada, full-time work experience of at least 12 months within last 5 years under NOC O, A or B) & Federal Skilled Trade Worker (have at least 2 years of work experience in a skilled trade within last 5 years and must have full-time Job Offer from Canadian Employer). Also, score at least 67/100 points across 6 factors: education, language ability, work experience, age, arranged employment, and adaptability.
- Provincial Nominee Programs: With New Step Immigration, the prospective immigrants may receive British Columbia Provincial Nominee Certificate with their skills and experience targeted by the province. The British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate allows foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence in Canada with a faster processing time compared to other Canadian immigration classes.
Main categories of BC PNP include
- Entry Level & Semi-Skilled Category: Applicants who are working in Hospitality, tourism, trucking, or food industry (NOC C) can be eligible in this program.
- Skilled Immigration (Express Entry PNP): Applicants who are working in NOC O, A or B can be eligible for this program.
- Healthcare Professional Category: Applicants who are working in healthcare occupations in BC and have full-time Job Offer from Health Services Authority.
- International Graduate Category: Applicants who have completed a degree, or diploma from DLI in Canada, have full-time Job Offers, and meet minimum wage and language requirements as per occupation.
- Caregiver or Nanny Program: The caregiver program is for foreign nationals who want to migrate as Permanent Residents of Canada or on a Work Permit under the Live-in Caregiver Program, Home Child Care Provider Pilot, and Home Support Worker Pilot Program.
SponsorshipUnder Family Class:Canadian Citizens or permanent residents can sponsor the spouse, common-law or any dependent children to get a permanent residency in Canada.
- Outland Sponsorship: When the sponsored person is living outside Canada and Canadian or Permanent Resident may sponsor his or her spouse/common law for permanent resident status in Canada.
- Inland Sponsorship: When sponsored person and spouse (Canadian Citizen or PR) both are in Canada or living together can sponsor as permanent residents. In this category, your spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open work permit with the submission of an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application.
- Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship: PGP category allows Canadian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor their parents and grandparents for permanent residency if they meet LICO (low-income cut-off) for the last 3 tax years. You can also sponsor your dependents or children who is unmarried and under 22 years of age for permanent residence in Canada.
- Supervisa for Parents & Grandparents: A Super Visa is a kind of visitor visa that has been specified for parents or grandparents of Permanent Residents or Canadian citizens. Super Visa allows staying in Canada for up to 2 years without any need to renew their status. PGP must provide proof of relationship documents, Canadian Medical Health Insurance, and a clear immigration medical examination.