With New Step Immigration Program, the prospective immigrants may receive British Columbia Provincial Nominal Certificate with their skills and experience targeted by the province. The British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate allows foreign national to apply for permanent residence for Canada with faster processing time as compared to other Canadian immigration classes.
Calculate your BC PNP Points here.
Two main categories of BC PNP includes –
- Skill Immigration (including Express Entry British Columbia)
- Business Immigration
Each category has one or more sub categories. We at New Step Immigration provide you with additional information about each category and sub categories that helps you to determine whether BC PNP is right for you. On January 27, 2016, the government of British Columbia announced a new Immigration System implemented for the BC PNP on points-based system that lets candidate know registration score whether they are invited or not. There are number of factors based on scores that includes level of education, years of direct work experience and a B.C. employment offer reflecting an individual’s ability to succeed in the labour market and contribute to the provincial economy.
There sub- categories of BC PNP Skills Immigration includes:
- Skilled Worker CategoryCategory for individuals who have received an eligible job offers in a skilled occupation. Workers should have two years of experience in their skilled occupation.
- Health Care Professional CategoryThis category includes individual with experience and eligible job offers, as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals may apply. An eligible job offer is acquired for one qualifying health occupations.
- Registered nurse
- Registered psychiatric nurse
- Nurse practitioner
- An allied health professional such as a:
- Diagnostic medical sonographer
- Clinical pharmacist
- Medical laboratory technologist
- International Graduates, B.C. Degree CategoryThis is for graduates with Masters or Doctoral degrees from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia. No job offer is required for graduates from following education field.
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Computer and information sciences and support services
- Engineering technology
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Natural resources conservation and research
- Physical sciences
- International Graduates, Canadian Degree CategoryThis category is for individuals who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college outside of British Columbia in the last two years. Eligible job offer is required.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker CategoryWorkers in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking may be eligible for immigration through this program.
- Northeast Pilot Project CategoryFor individuals working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, including in occupations considered semi- and unskilled, may be eligible for this program without the need for a job offer.
Express Entry British Columbia
Express Entry Province Nomination is for any applicants for Canadian permanent residence in under through its Express Entry British Columbia stream that aligns with the federal government’s Express Entry immigration selection system. The stream allows eligible applicants to receive priority processing of both their BC PNP application, as well as, their permanent residence application if nominated. Through Express Entry British Columbia Skilled Worker category (including Health Care Professionals), International Graduates category, and International Post Graduates category may be processed.
To Be Eligible under Express Entry Province Nomination
- You should meet the criteria for one of the federal economic immigration programs and must have obtained Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code that indicates you.
- Have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer from a B.C employer in a skilled occupation as outlined in the National Occupational Classification Matrix (NOC skill level 0, A or B).
If you think you are eligible for any of BC PNP program, please Contact Newsteps Immigration